WebRainbow gives Visual Basic developers all of the Web developing capability as C/C++, Java, Perl do, and still keeps the natures of the Visual Basic -- easy for programming and fast for implementation.
- Reliability: Thanks to the technology the WebRainbow built on, it is really ready for 24 hours a day / 7 days a week running without any trouble, lets website running at the reliability level provided by Web Server.
- Scalability: WebRainbow supports unlimited concurrent accesses, and can be used for Windows 2003 / XP / 2000 / NT 4 / ME / 98 / 95, without extra specific hardware requirement. It is suitable for the enterprise as well as the small business.
- Capacity: WebRainbow is capable to receive very large size of POSTed data and files as well as send very large size of data / files to the browser or client application with one HTTP request.
- Web Server Independence: The web applications build on WebRainbow technology are capable to work with all kind of Web Server running on MS Windows 2003 / XP / 2000 / NT 4 / ME / 98 / 95.
- Static/Dynamic Separation: Each dynamic web page can be devided into static sections (such as header / footer) and dynamic sections (such as forms). WebRainbow's Static/Dynamic Separation technology allows all static sections are keeped in the separated individual files, and automatically merged into the page on the way of the page being sent to browser. This is in contrast with Server Side Include (SSI) which includes dynamic section(s) in the static page.
Using WebRainbow's Static/Dynamic Separation technology, the static paragraph does not need to be physically rewritten into the CGI script. The developers just design the page first, divide it into static and dynamic sections, leave static sections in the file(s), pass filename to WebRainbow, that's it! WebRainbow will merge them together for you when the page is being accessed.
- Easy to Deploy: Only COPY / DELETE WebRainbow file(s), currently only WRnbwB.dll, is involved, no Registry Key needs to be modified, created, or deleted.
- Working for VB 6 / 5 / 4: WebRainbow VB version can be used for all editions of Visual Basic 6 and Visual Basic 5, as well as 32-bit version of Visual Basic 4.
- Integrated with VB IDE: WebRainbow is highly integrated into Visual Basic development environment, all functions / constants exposed by WebRainbow can be accessed just like native Visual Basic build-in functions / constants.
- Easy for XML data transfering: WebRainbow is capable to accept XML data, as well as any other kind of data, transmitted throught HTTP POST method.
- Easy for File Uploading / Downloading: WebRainbow supports file uploading and sending. This feature can be used to create real password protected file uploading / downloading. WebRainbow can automatically associate proper MIME type for widely used file type to the sending file.
- Support for All Cookies: WebRainbow can handle both Netscape and SetCookie2 cookie. The switch between these two version of cookies is automatically driven by browser. This really releases the headache of handling different version of cookie for web developer.
- Three Editions Fit Your Needs: There are three editions for WebRainbow, Trial Edition, Limited Edition, and Standard Edition, to fit different requirements. For detailed information see Different Editions.