There are two different editions for WebRainbow:
- Trial Edition
- Standard Edition
Click here for the Difference of these Editions.
Trial Edition. The license is defined in the License Agreement for WebRainbow Products (Trial Edition). It is designed for non-commercial use.
- Test and Evaluation. It can be freely used for the purpose of test, and evaluation only.
- Free Distribution. It can be distributed freely along with the License Agreement for WebRainbow Products (Trial Edition).
Trial Edition supports 2 concurrent accesses only. The error message, "ERROR!!! No more than 2 concurrent accesses are allowed for WebRainbow Trial Edition!", will be sent to user if the number of concurrent accesses is more than 2.
The banner advertisement will be displayed on the bottom of the Web page in 50% of chance.
Standard Edition. The license is defined in the License Agreement for WebRainbow Products (Standard Edition). One license is for a single computer which is used as the Web Server. It is designed for the commercial use. It supports unlimited concurrent accesses with high performance.
Benefit of Standard Edition:
- Unlimited concurrent accesses with high performance.
- 90 days free technical support through the email at firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Eligible for the free minor version upgrade and next major version upgrade (shipping and handling are extra),
- Receiving major release information through email.
The Standard Edition cannot be distributed without the permission from D.M.F. Systems, Corporation.
Difference between these editions.
- Functional Difference. The Trial Edition of WebRainbow is full functional product except concurrent accesses is limited to 2, while Standard Edition support unlimited concurrent accesses.
- Banner advertisement . The 50 % of HTML pages generated by Web application using WebRainbow Trial Edition will display the banner advertisement on the bottom of them (1 minute chance in 2 minutes interval), while no banner advertisement will be generated by Standard Edition.
- Mark of Trial Edition. On the bottom of all HTML page generated by Web application using Trial Edition of WebRainbow will have a hidden line of HTML code "<!-- WebRainbow Trial Edition -->". This line is hidden by bowser, no user will see it.
- Version Property of WRnbwB.dll. You can check for version information by right clicking on WRnbwB.dll, selecting Properties, going to Version tag in the "WRnbwB.dll Properties" dialog.